Abrasive Wheels Training Course
Prices From: £90+VAT
Duration: 1/2 day
Certificate: Valid for 3 years
Hand-held cutting-off and grinding power tools can cause severe injuries such as friction burns, lung disease and loss of eyesight if used incorrectly. For this reason, the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER 98) requires employers to provide adequate training on all types of work equipment.
If you or your employees regularly use this type of equipment, this will enable them to do so safely.
Who is it for?
• Anyone involved in using hand-held cutting-off/grinding machines
• Anyone with responsibility for changing (mounting) abrasive wheels
• Anyone in a supervisory or management role who needs to be aware of their responsibilities in relation to the use of equipment, which incorporates abrasive wheels/diamond blades
What you'll learn
• Identifying hazards and risks arising from the use of abrasive discs / diamond blades and the precautions to be observed
• Methods of marking abrasive discs with their type, size and maximum operating speed
• How to handle, store and transport abrasive discs/diamond blades
• How to inspect and test an abrasive disc/diamond blade for damage
• The functions of all the components used with abrasive discs such as flanges, blotters, bushes, nuts etc
• The correct mounting of abrasive discs/diamond blades on hand held
• How to work out peripheral speeds
• The use of suitable personal protective equipment (e.g. eye protection).
• Define what an 'Abrasive Wheel' is
• Use the Abrasive wheel marking system (BS ISO 525/BS EN 12413) to select the correct disc for the work in hand
• How to correctly inspect abrasive discs/diamond blades prior to use
• State the Regulations and HSG standards that apply to abrasive wheel equipment
• Correctly inspect and mount an abrasive disc
Accreditation & Certificates
On successfully completing the course, you will be awarded a certificate which is valid for three years.
This is a half day course.
Prices start at £90+VAT.
Want to find out more?
Just call one of our consultants on 0330 223 2121 or fill in our contact form. We look forward to hearing from you!