NEBOSH National Construction Certificate Conversion
Prices From: £750+VAT
Course Duration: 5-8 days
Type of Certificate: No expiry
Aimed at supervisors, managers and CDM co-ordinators, the NEBOSH National Construction Certificate Conversion is ideal for those who are required to ensure that activities under their control are undertaken safely.
In order to take part in the course, you must have successfully completed the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety in the previous five years.
Who is it for?
- CDM co-ordinators
- Building managers
- Those working in industries in which temporary workplaces are often used, such as utilities and broadcasting
What you'll learn
This course covers key areas such as:
- The main requirements and application of the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2007
- What to consider when carrying out a site assessment
- Identifying construction activity hazards, assessing the risks and recommending control measures
- How to identify hazards and take appropriate control measures in areas such as movement of people and vehicles, manual and mechanical handling, working at height, excavation work, confined spaces , demolition
- How to carry out a safety inspection of a construction workplace including identifying hazards, recommending control measures and preparing a management report
The course will cover the following topics:
Unit 2: NCC1 – Managing and Controlling Hazards in Construction Activities
- Element 1 – Construction Law and Management
- Element 2 – Construction Activities
- Element 3 – Movement of People and Vehicles
- Element 4 – Manual and Mechanical Handling
- Element 5 – Work Equipment
- Element 6 – Electricity
- Element 7 – Fire
- Element 8 – Chemical and Biological Health Hazards
- Element 9 – Physical and Psychological Health Hazards
- Element 10 – Working at Height
- Element 11 – Excavation Work and Confined Spaces
- Element 12 – Demolition
Unit 3: NCC2 - Construction Health and Safety Practical Application
Safety inspection of a construction site, followed by writing a full report.
Assessment is by an end-of-course examination comprising two written papers - NGC1 (The management of safety and health) and NCC1 (Managing and controlling hazards in construction activities) - and a practical assessment NCC2 which consists of carrying out a health and safety inspection of a construction site and preparing a management report.
All assessments must be submitted within the required timescales.
Accreditation & Certificates
On successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate.
Prices start at £750 + VAT.
Want to find out more?
Just call one of our consultants on 0330 223 2121 or fill in our contact form. We look forward to hearing from you!