NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
Prices From: £1295+VAT
Course Duration: 14 days
Type of Certificate: No expiry
The 'NEBOSH Construction Certificate in Health and Safety' has been designed to provide professionals making day-to-day decisions in construction work with a broad knowledge of health and safety in order to ensure that they have the skills they need to keep their site as safe as possible.
Who is it for?
This course is ideal for:
- CDM co-ordinators
- Building managers
- Those working in industries in which temporary workplaces are often used, such as utilities and broadcasting
What you'll learn
The NEBOSH Construction Certificate in Health and Safety is split into three units:
Unit 1 - 'NEBOSH Management of Health and Safety'
NGC1 is the 'NEBOSH Management of Health & Safety', the first week of the NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety. The unit covers:Health and safety foundations
- Organising for health and safety
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture
- Risk assessment
- Principles of control
- Monitoring review and audit
- Incident and accident investigation, recording and reporting
If you have already completed a 'NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety', please get in touch with us for a quote to attend Unit NGC2 and NGD3.
Unit 2 - 'NEBOSH Managing and Controlling Hazards in Construction Activities'
This part of the course covers:
- Construction law and management
- Construction site: hazards and control
- Movement of people and vehicles: hazards and control
- Manual and mechanical handling: hazards and control
- Work equipment: hazards and control
- Electrical: hazards and control
- Fire: hazards and control
- Chemical and biological health: hazards and control
- Physical and psychological health: hazards and control
- Working at height: hazards and control
- Excavation work and confined spaces: hazards and control
- Demolition: hazards and control
Unit 3 - 'NEBOSH Construction Health and Safety Practical Application'
In this part of the course, you will be asked to carry out a safety inspection of a construction site and produce a report.
This course is made up of a mixture of written and practical assessments.
Accreditation & Certificates
Successful completion of the 'NEBOSH Construction Certificate in Health and Safety' training course with five years health and safety experience leads to Technician status of IOSH (TechIOSH) accompanied by CPD. This is referenced within the Approved Code of Practice (ACOP) for CDM Regulations 2007 as a key knowledge indicator when assessing Stage 1 competence for CDM co-ordinators.
This course last for 14 days.
Prices start at £1295 + VAT.
Want to find out more?
Just call one of our consultants on 0330 223 2121 or fill in our contact form. We look forward to hearing from you!