IOSH Directing Safely Training Course
Prices From: £185+VAT
Duration: 1 day
NB - THIS COURSE HAS NOW BEEN REPLACED WITH - 'IOSH Safety for Executives & Directors'
Designed to support directors and owners of small and medium-sized enterprises in making sure health and safety is at the heart of their organisation - whatever their sector - Directing Safely gives an excellent ground in the moral, legal and business case for proactive health and safety management, an gives guidance on effective risk management.
Who is it for?
Anyone who has strategic responsibility for determining effective health and safety practice in their organisation.
What you'll learn
After completing this course, you will be able to:
• Recognise the importance of strategic health and safety management
• Know how to integrate good health and safety practice into other business management systems
• Understand your responsibilities as a director
• Appreciate the consequences of failing to manage health and safety effectively
• Plan the direction for health and safety through developing and implementing policy
• Understand why an adequately resourced health and safety management system is crucial
• Understand the importance of performance monitoring and review as a way of continually improving health and safety management in your organisation.
• Understand the main sections of the Health & Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and particularly the parts relating to employers, mangers, manufacturers, suppliers, designers and importers
At the end of the course, there is a 15-minute written assessment consisting of 10 multiple choice questions. There is also a project designed to test your knowledge of acceptable records/documentary evidence required to support an organisations' defence litigation.
Accreditation & Certificates
On successfully completing the course, you will be presented with an Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) Certificate.
Prices start at £185+VAT.
Want to find out more?
Just call one of our consultants on 0330 223 2121 or fill in our contact form. We look forward to hearing from you!