CSCS Labourer Card Qualifications
To obtain your CSCS Card (AKA - Green Card), first you MUST have passed:
- Health, Safety & Environment Test. Also known as the Touch Screen Test (within last two years of your CSCS Card application).
You will also need to have passed ONE of the following popular courses:
- The CITB Health and Safety Awareness course (within 5 years of your CSCS Card application).
- The IOSH Working Safely course* (within 3 years of your CSCS Card application).
* This cannot be the online version. It must be the IOSH Working Safely classroom version of the course.
or ONE of these less common courses:
- A valid JTJ Introduction to Construction Course Certificate
- A valid Priestman Associates, Principles of Construction Site Health and Safety Certificate
- DSA Health and Safety Awareness Course certificate
- ESP Foundation into Construction Course
- QCF Level 1 Award Health and Safety in a Construction Environment
- Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland (REHIS) Elementary Health and Safety Course
- Rushmoor Borough Council Health and Safety in Construction Environment L1
- Safety Pass Alliance (SPA) Core Construction Course
NB – CSCS card renewals:
When CSCS card renewing, applicants cannot use the same alternative qualification certificate they used for the prior application. A new and in date alternative qualification certificate must be submitted as part of the CSCS card renewal application.
CSCS Qualification Exemptions
You may not need to pass your HSA test if you have an NVQ or SVQ within the last two years (if the card relates to that industry). This does not apply to CSCS card renewals.
If you are familiar with SOLAS, please contact CITB for possible exemptions.
How much will a CSCS Card cost?
Here's what you can expect to pay for the training and the CSCS Labourer Card itself (we only show the prices for the most popular courses):
- Health, Safety & Environment Test = from £19.50 including VAT
- CITB Health and Safety Awareness (HSA) test = from £95 + VAT
- IOSH Working Safely course = from £120 + VAT
And for the card itself:
- CSCS Labourer Card = £30 including VAT
How to apply for a CSCS Card
Please read our blog post about applying for a CSCS card for further details.
Useful CSCS Labourer Card Resources
There are various DVDs and manuals available from CITB shop. However, one FREE useful resource is the 'Setting Out' video that you're expected to watch before your HS&E test.
We Do Training hope you find this information useful. Should you have any questions about CSCS cards, please do not hesitate to contact us.