First Aid at Work (Qualified First Aider) Course
Prices From: £190+VAT
Duration: 3 days
Certificate: Valid for 3 years
The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 require employers to provide adequate and appropriate equipment, facilities and personnel to enable first aid to be given to employees if they are injured or become ill at work.
In practice, this often means nominating a first aider, and ensuring they are equipped with the appropriate skills and knowledge. If you're the nominated first aider in your organisation, this course will give you an excellent grounding in the skills and knowledge you need to manage a first aid incident effectively.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for anyone who is the 'appointed person' for First Aid in the workplace.
What you'll learn
This course covers everything you need to know about managing first aid incidents at work, including:
- How to assess the incident and situation
- Managing personal safety
- The contents of HSE approved First Aid Kit
- Priorities of First Aid
- Resuscitation Techniques
- Carrying out a primary assessment of a casualty
- Cardio – Pulmonary Resuscitation in accordance with UK Resuscitation Council guidelines 2005
- Understanding the chain of Survival
- Management of an unconscious casualty
- Management of circulatory disorders
- Treating choking casualties, fractures, burns, scalds and miscellaneous conditions such as asthma, epilepsy, anaphylactic shock and diabetes
- First Aid Legislation
- Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1988
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations 2002
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995
You will take part in a multiple choice assessment, recapping on each session. The final theory assessment will require the candidate to achieve a minimum of 15 correct answers out of a possible 20.
Because of the practical nature of this course, and the fact that you will be required to demonstrate procedures on the floor, suitable clothing such as trousers and flat shoes are recommended.
Accreditation & Certificates
All delegates who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate of attendance.
Prices start at £190+VAT.
Want to find out more?
Just call one of our consultants on 0330 223 2121 or fill in our contact form. We look forward to hearing from you!