These details are correct as of CITB's updated 2018 Site Safety Plus scheme rules.
Some quick facts about the SMSTS test:
- The pass-rate is 80% (you must achieve 28 marks out of a possible 35).
- There are 25 questions in total.
- 20 questions have multiple-choice answers (worth 1 mark each).
- 5 questions require a short written answer (worth between 1 and 3 marks each).
- 5 of the 25 questions are 'safety critical'.
- You must answer ALL 5 safety critical questions correctly to pass the test.
- The test must be completed within 30 minutes.
- You may refer to the supplied course publications during the final 10 minutes of the test.
Read more about the SMSTS test in our blog.