IOSH Managing Safely Training Course
This course was always delivered over 4 days but is now often run over 3 longer days.
IOSH Managing Safely was developed to enable managers and supervisors in any organisation to introduce new controls and implement changes within their department. The course equips leaders to promote a safer workplace in line with their company's own policies and wider health and safety regulations.
Who is it for?
- Managers and supervisors in any sector
- Anyone responsible for managing health and safety in their organisation
What you'll learn
At the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Appreciate the importance of managing safely
- Understand your health and safety responsibilities as a manager
- Appreciate the role of risk assessment in managing safely
- Describe the risk assessment process
- Identify appropriate risk control methods
- Understand the legal system as it applies to health and safety
- Appreciate the role and importance of a health and safety management system
- Recognise common hazards
- Identify ways you can measure health and safety performance
- Appreciate the role of auditing
- Recognise the impact of industry on the environment and describe how pollution and waste can be controlled.
- Summarise the main elements of an environmental management system
- Outline the main provisions of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and the management of Health and Safety at work regulations 1999 and understand the relevant health and safety legislation, codes of practice, guidance notes and information sources such as the Health and Safety Executive, and how they apply to your organisation.
Assessment is via a 45-minute written assessment paper consisting of 20 multi-format questions and a practical assessment. You are responsible for submitting your assessments within the required timescales.
Accreditation & Certificates
An IOSH Managing Safely certificate is awarded to all those who attend the course and successfully complete both the written and practical assessments.
3 days (previously it was a 4-day course).
Want to find out more?
Just call one of our consultants on 0330 223 2121 or fill in our contact form. We look forward to hearing from you!