Fire Risk Assessment Training Course
Following 2005's Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order, the duty for ensuring fire risks are minimised in the workplace falls with the "responsible person" or duty holder. This course provides training in how to carry out a fire risk assessment in line with the HSE's guidance in order to keep your workplace safe.
Who is it for?
These courses are for persons with responsibility for carrying out fire risk assessments in the workplace, such as:
- Fire marshals
- Line managers
- Team leaders
- Heads of department
- Junior managers
What you'll learn
This course covers all you need to know in order to conduct a fire risk assessment, including:
- The science behind fires - how they start, behave and spread
- General fire precautions in the workplace
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Fire Legislation
- Fire Classification and Equipment
- Creating an emergency plan, and how to manage a safe evacuation
- Correct actions to take upon hearing the fire alarm (i.e. local procedures)
- Checking your fire procedures are fit for purpose
- Managing a fire drill
- Your role in the event of evacuation from the building or between fire compartments
- Identifying if, when and how firefighting equipment should be used
- Safe use of fire extinguishers
- HFL and LPG Regulations
- Chemical storage
- Written Assessments - Understanding the legal duties placed upon the employee and employer
You will be assessed via a task relating to your own workplace - allowing you to test what you've learned in a practical context.
Accreditation & Certificates
All delegates who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate of attendance.
This is a half-day course.
Want to find out more?
Just call one of our consultants on 0330 223 2121 or fill in our contact form. We look forward to hearing from you!