CITB SSSTS Training Course
Prices From: £210+VAT
Duration: 2 days
Certificate: Valid for 5 years
The SSSTS (Site Supervisor's Safety Training Scheme) is a two-day site safety training course.
Designed for those who are about to take on, or already have, supervisory responsibilities, it's an ideal foundation for junior managers wanting to develop a basic understanding of their health and safety duties and responsibilities in construction work.
Who is it for?
This course is ideal for:
- Team leaders
- First line managers
What you'll learn
This course covers a wide range of key areas, such as:
- The occupational health problems within the construction industry, and how site supervisors can address them
- How health and safety law is structured
- How to properly carry out risk assessments, and understanding the need for method statements
- How to carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- The importance of both proactive and reactive monitoring
- How to intervene in a timely manner when bad practice is identified
You'll also gain a basic understanding of:
- Fire prevention & control
- Control of hazardous substances
- Construction design management regulations (CDM)
- Working at height
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Manual handling
- First aid
You will be expected to interact during the course and the final assessment will consist of the SSSTS Examination (25 multiple choice questions).
Accreditation & Certificates
The accrediting body is the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB). On completing the course you will receive a certificate valid for five years.
2 days. Some of our courses run during the week, and some at the weekend.
Prices from £195+VAT.
Want to find out more?
Just call one of our consultants on 0330 223 2121 or fill in our contact form. We look forward to hearing from you!
After completing the course, we recommend that delegates progress to the five-day Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course.
CITB Levy payers can receive a grant for this training course. Find out more at: www.citb.co.uk/levy-grant/claiming-grants-available/