CITB SMSTS Training Course
Prices From: £399+VAT
Duration: 5 days
Certificate: Valid for 5 years
Looking for a course that will help you or your employees develop a thorough knowledge of best practice health and safety in the construction industry?
The Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course covers all-important areas such as health and safety law, your responsibilities and duties as a manager, how to develop safe systems of work and risk assessment.
On successful completion of the SMSTS course, you will have developed the skills and knowledge you need to be able to safely manage a construction workforce.
Who is it for?
This is a course is for anyone who takes responsibility for overseeing construction staff, such as:
• Construction directors
• Construction site managers
• Site agents
• Project directors
• Quantity surveyors
What you'll learn
This course covers a wide range of key areas, such as:
· CDM (Construction Design Management Regulations)
· The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and specific regulations related to the construction industry
· RIDDOR (Reporting of injuries, diseases and dangerous occurrences)
· Proactive and reactive monitoring
· Managing safety in a range of operational environments e.g. scaffolding, working at height and control of hazardous substances
· Principles of manual handling, PPE and first aid
· How to develop and maintain a positive health and safety culture within the workplace
Full attendance is mandatory. Assessments will take place throughout the course, and there will be some assignments to complete. You will be expected to actively interact with workshops, colleagues and your tutor throughout.
The accrediting body is the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB). On successfully completing the course, you will be awarded the CITB SMSTS certificate - valid for five years.
This is a five day course. It can be delivered over a week or on day release.
Want to find out more?
Just call one of our consultants on 0330 223 2121 or fill in our contact form. We look forward to hearing from you!
After completion of the SMSTS course, we recommend progressing to theNational Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) course.
And if you're looking to keep your skills up to date, We Do Training also offers the two day refresher course for SMSTS - designed to ensure you know all there is to know about the latest changes to health and safety regulations.
CITB Levy payers can receive a grant for this training course. Find out more at: www.citb.co.uk/levy-grant/claiming-grants-available/