CITB Health and Safety Awareness Training
Prices From: £110+VAT
Duration: 1 day
Certificate: Construction Skills Valid for 5 years
This course fosters an understanding of health and safety law and why accident prevention is so important in a construction setting. Providing a practical summary of health and safety, welfare and environmental issues, there is also a focus on how the individual can help combat unsafe practice.
This course is in line with the existing ACoP and Guidance for the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007, which links to other legislation in requiring cooperation and co-ordination is carried out.
Who is it for?
This course is for:
- Anyone about to attend the Touch Screen Test
- Those who have entered, or are about to enter, the construction and civil engineering industry
What you'll learn
This course covers a wide range of health and safety-related topics, including:
- Health and safety law, communication and consultation, policy, organisation and arrangements, induction and training
- Risk assessments, method statements, toolbox talks and permits
- Site tidinessWhat falls within the HSE's remit
- Accident prevention and reporting
- The cost of accidents
- Health and welfare introduced
- Manual handling
- Working at height
- Emergency procedures and first aid
- Fire prevention and control
- Hazardous substances
- Electrical safety
- Hand-held equipment and tools
- Noise and vibration
- Site transport safety
- Excavations and confined spaces
- Safety signs and signals
It will also cover how to take part in touch screen tests.
Delegates will be continuously assessed during the course in preparation for the final examination. The course will consist of discussions, best practice sharing, syndicate exercises and case studies, alongside classroom tutorials.
Accreditation & Certificates
The accrediting body is the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB). On successfully completing this course you will receive a certificate of attendance, valid for five years.
Prices start at £99 + VAT.
Want to find out more?
Just call one of our consultants on 0330 223 2121 or fill in our contact form. We look forward to hearing from you!
CITB Levy payers can receive a grant for this training course. Find out more at: www.citb.co.uk/levy-grant/claiming-grants-available/