Were you ever a member of the boy scouts or girl guides? If so, you may have had some basic first aid training. In that case, you’ve probably got an idea of what First Aid is. If you’re someone whom has never needed to apply first aid or be in receipt of it, then firstly you are quite lucky, but secondly you probably know little more than what a first aid box might look like and how to stick on a plaster.

NEBOSH logo and IOSH logo

We're often asked what the fundamental differences between the NEBOSH and IOSH courses are and understand the confusion that arises when trying to compare the different sets of qualifications available. Read on to discover which course best suits your requirements.

We Do Training wants to support future leaders in the world of work in making the workplace a safer and more enjoyable one. We believe that this goal is possible with the help of the next generation of individuals and want to help these people implement better, safer and improved practices at work.

Gone are the days of carrying round huge text and reference books during study time or learning on the job. This was never practical, particularly in a construction environment, books aren't water or mud proof! Now you can even ditch the clipboard and have everything you need to organise your life on your pocket sized smartphone (waterproof case optional). Apps aren't just about crushing candy and angry birds, they can be really useful in the work environment too.

Many growing businesses find themselves running out of space in the office faster than they ever would have thought. If you work in or own a growing business, you'll know exactly what we mean! Before you know it meeting rooms are used for desk space, and the microwave's balanced on top of the printer. When the office is feeling overcrowded, it's good to get out. Staff can get irritable when they're working on top of each other, and it's certainly no place to bring clients to. Lastly, it can be far too easy to neglect meeting and training sessions when you don't have the space for them; so what's the solution?

Maybe you always wanted to be a labourer, or maybe you just landed up in the trade? Whatever your reasons for ending up on site, if you love what you do but just wish you had a little more responsibility and a little bit more money at the end of the month, then it's time to start thinking about ways you can progress.

Good question! In the summer of 2014, changes were made to the Construction Skills Certification Scheme. The changes introduced a new range of cards to the scheme, and the green card became the Labourer CSCS card.

NEBOSH is a well-known organisation in the Health and Safety and Construction trades. The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health have just celebrated awarding their 175,000th General Certificate, which is a qualification that is much desired by employers.